Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 2002 17:11:53 -0700
From:      bmah@FreeBSD.ORG
To:        Andrew McKay <andy@openirc.co.uk>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Per-release installation instructions?

If memory serves me right, Andrew McKay wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Bruce A. Mah wrote:
>
> > One potential problem with doing that is that the install chapter is
> > kind of image-heavy, which doesn't work too well for documents that
> > need to live on the mfsroot floppy.
>
> Hmmm.  You could easily 'ifdef' the images (and references thereto) out
> for use on the floppy could you not?  Improving the installation
> instruction available at install time would be a major bonus.

Yes, I think this might be doable.

One other thing we need to remember is that "not all the world's an
i386".  The installation instructions in the release docs are
architecture dependent; I had to pull-up a bunch of the alpha material
into the Handbook.  We need to make sure this still works.

murray did a cute thing with the FreeBSD Mall distribution of 4.5,
which had the install chapter, plus all the screenshots, on the first
CD.

Bruce.