Date:      Fri, 04 May 2001 23:29:29
From:      "Manny Obrey" <manny8383@hotmail.com>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Dell C600 Lat  fbsd-4.2

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>specs: Dell C600 Latitude 866/256MB 20G HD Xircom 10/100/56K</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Brand new C600 out of the box and I can't get out of the box w/ installation. I run several FBSD boxen but this is my first mobile install. When I try to boot from floppies ( kern.flp )</DIV>
<DIV>I get the message "strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility".</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>yes, I set the&nbsp;floppy to boot first ...</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>When I tried to boot from an *.iso ( after changing the cdrom to boot first ) the machine just seems to attempt to access the&nbsp;cdrom, and then boots into windoze as if the cdrom wernt even there.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I think I may have burnt the iso wrong ( I;m using adaptec eazy cd creator ).</DIV>
<DIV>1) data cd 2) select image from file 3) I select 4.2-install.iso from the desktop</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I;ve tried to burn two disks and neither of them seem to work. I'm about to burn another b/c now I've missed happy hour and there's no reason to leave the office.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>yes I've searched the mailing list and found nothing similiar to my prob,</DIV>
<DIV>any hlp apprec,</DIV>
<DIV>Manny</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>