Date:      Sun, 6 Jun 1999 21:33:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Ray Bagby <rbagby@yore.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Change local mail directory.

On Sun, 6 Jun 1999, Ray Bagby wrote:

> Greetings,
>     And a very large thank you! to all the folks that replied to my
> plea. After much stumbling and bumbling (all my own fault BTW) we
> finally have mail going into the users home directory.
>     Next up we'll take a shot at that quota thing.
>     I've got to say, after many years of living by the credo: "If it
> ain't broke, don't fix it!", I am actually starting to enjoy the
> heady feeling of doing something that could, and very well might,
> screw up the entire system just because it might also make things
> better. ;-)
>     Thanks again!
>     Oh, one other thing, is anybody using cron to send end of the
> month messages to users? Just thought I'd ask....

Please, can you use 80 character lines?  Everyone gets real annoyed at
your wide lines.

anyhow, for that last thing, read man 5 crontab, and use the pattern
0 0 1 * *

>     Ray Bagby, Tech. Dir.

chuckr@picnic.mat.net       | communications topic, C programming, and Unix.
213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (Solaris7).