Date:      Thu, 4 Feb 2021 11:58:09 +0100
From:      Michael Gmelin <freebsd@grem.de>
To:        Yasuhiro Kimura <yasu@utahime.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Failure of release build with release.sh on 14-CURRENT amd64

> On 4. Feb 2021, at 10:47, Yasuhiro Kimura <yasu@utahime.org> wrote:
>=20
> =EF=BB=BFIt's a bit off topic from the first question, but please let me a=
sk
> another one.
>=20
> When everything is default, devel/git and textproc/docproj are
> installed in chroot environment after building userland and installing
> it to chroot has completed. While the former is installed by using
> official package, the latter is installed by using ports tree checked
> out in chroot.
>=20
> Then is there any reason doing so? Why aren't both of them installed
> by using offical package nor by using ports tree?

I would assume that this is because

- textproc/docproj is the FreeBSD Documentation Project and therefore you al=
ways want to have the latest version, especially when working with CURRENT (=
so it=E2=80=99s part of our development effort).
- git is a third party tool maintained outside of the project (we won=E2=80=99=
t change it as part of developing FreeBSD)

Cheers,
Michael