Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 1999 07:47:13 -0700
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world failing because of missing unroff

Brad Knowles wrote:

> At 1:17 PM -0700 1999/10/12, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>
> > Documentation building has ample precedent for external dependencies - the
> > entire doc/ tree needs several ports installed to build. I'm sure there
> > are other examples in the tree.
>
>         If I may make a suggestion then?  If doc/ needs a particular
> tool, then that tool should be moved from the ports subsystem to the
> main source tree.

	There are historical reasons why things are the way they are. You might
be well served in the future to check the mailing list archives before
offering "obvious" suggestions, since we generally (although not always)
have good reasons for doing what we do.

--
"Stop it, I'm gettin' misty."

    - Mel Gibson as Porter, "Payback"