Date:      Tue, 30 Jun 1998 22:36:11 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        chrisc@vmunix.com (Chris Coleman)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Not booting after install.

> I have installed the 3.0-SNAP from the ftp.freebsd.org and after it
> installed, it wouldn't find the volumes.
>
> I have symbios and adaptec controllers and seagate disks.
>
> Do I need to get a more current version?
>
> It installed just fine, but it won't boot after wards.

You didn't list a specific failure message...

Unless you have a specifically configured BIOS, you can not boot
except from INT 13 BIOS drive 0x80 or 0x81.

A bootable OS must be located on either the first or the second
device.  This corresponds to the first and second drive identified
by the system, and reported to the FreeBSD boot blocks.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.