Date:      Sat, 30 Mar 2002 14:57:48 -0500
From:      Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
To:        Francisco Reyes <lists@natserv.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions List <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <radhika_narendran@yahoo.com>, <burningclown@westhost43.westhost.net>, <pruiter@indigored.com>, <gsam@trini0.org>, <bmcalpine@macconnect.com>, <luke@setel.com>, <bagulla@mindspring.com>
Subject:   Re: New York City - Users group

At 14:51 2002/03/30 -0500, Francisco Reyes wrote:
>On Sat, 30 Mar 2002, Scott wrote:
>
> > Ok, we really have to get this together--about 7 of us were corresponding
> > (guess you got left out of the cc's)
>
>I just saw the info on the FreeBSD list today.
>
> > I also created a freelists group, though so far only 2 out of the 7 (or
> > maybe 3?) have joined.
>
>I did not see that info on the FreeBSD list.
>Where is the info to join the list.

No, I think I had that just in the group of people who were being
cc'd.  :)  Let me post it here, that way it's in the archives and available
from a deja search as well.

To join

 >Users can subscribe to your list by sending email to
midtownbsd-request@freelists.org with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by
logging into the Web interface.

> > (I'm just not crazy about Yahoo
>
>This was just a quick way to get things going. Best to do it on a regular
>list.

This is actually my first try with freelists--however, a friend of mine
swears by them, so....

Again, we are not trying to step on the toes of the previously existing NY
BSD user group--however, that web page has been down for awhile, and last
time I corresponded with the fellow who had been putting it together, he'd
been horrendously busy.

> > So, let's try to get this going in one, rather than several
> > directions
>
>Agree. Just post the list info.
>I just registered the domains today.
>Once I have access to them I will put the info for the list ona web page.

I've posted the list info--as soon as you join, I'll make you a
moderator--freelists gives us a web page, so we can put your stuff up there.

Scott