Date:      Mon, 20 Jul 1998 19:21:37 -0500
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A couple of brooktree/fxtv questions

Randall Hopper writes:

>This is a feature :-)  Fxtv 0.47 grabs the mouse when in Zoom mode
>(e.g. vidmode = 640x480) so that the desktop can't accidentally shift on
>the user while they're zoomed full-screen watching TV.  The point of
>full-screen is to give the TV the whole screen and behave as if that's all
>there is, so this makes sense.

I must be missing something here..  with fxtv-0.46 I had two options for
display -- a tiny window, or a medium size window (at least on my
1600x1200 display without any virtual stretched desktops) --
both sizes behaved perfectly normally.

With 0.47, as soon as I go to the larger window (this isn't "full-screen",
just a quarter of my screen size in a normal X window with all the
titlebars etc), I lose the capability to use my mouse and do other stuff
in other windows.

This seems to be a retrograde step to me.

>Here are a few URLs I saved; may still be valid, I don't know for sure
>though.  You might search the multimedia archive at
>(www.freebsd.org/search.html) for pieces of these URLs (e.g. "dknet"), and
>you should pull up most of the messages you're interested in:

Many thanks.. it's a good starting point.. I've noticed one problem already
though -- the radio thing works fine until I quit it and fire up fxtv.
When I start the radio application again, the frequencies are all messed
up -- ie putting in 107.1FM doesn't get me that particular radio station.

Sounds like something somewhere isn't being fully reinitialised when going
from TV to tuner mode.

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.