Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 2003 19:08:43 +0000
From:      "clayton rollins" <crollins666@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Technical/support questions on -newbies

Hi list,

As I'm sure we've all noticed, a lot of questions get asked here
that should be re-written, sent to -questions, and/or sent to
-hackers.

As pointed out in tha FAK, I believe there are monitors around
who's responsibility it is to re-direct these misguided mails.
I'm concerned, however, that it doesn't get done in quite a few
cases. (I've redirected people who've been waiting a week for
this small advice.)

I know there are plenty of concerns here, like not wanting to be
a prude, etc. There are more serious concerns on the other
end, like wrong advice, or a person who never gets their
question answered and walks away from the community,
thinking we're all too stuck-up to talk to them.

If there are monitors around, taking care of this, I would like to
make two small requests, that their redirections/advice get
CC'ed to the list, and, if possible, that these matters be taken
care of faster than it currently seems to be done. In addition
to saving me some trouble searching archives, this method
might help to catch a new subscriber, before they ask a
support question here. (I know the FAK is sent on a regular
basis, but question/answer sessions are more frequent; a
newbie might be confused by the list content.)

If there aren't available people for this (or, if it's just Sue, and
she wants help), I would be happy to take care of it. If anyone
from the community wants to discuss this offer, to hash out
guidelines for re-direction/advice, or whatever, contact me.

Peace,
Clayton Rollins

Is there a gadget-lover on your gift list?  MSN Shopping has lined up some
good bets!  http://shopping.msn.com