Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 2009 16:05:34 -0700
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: spamassassin helps lots, but I'm tired of sorting the backscatter ; -)

--VsIP+Tg8RKrNt6G6

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 11:40:01PM +0100, Oliver Fromme wrote:
> The only reasonable thing you can do with spam is drop it
> to /dev/null.  If it makes you feel better, you can create
> a symlink /dev/painful_death -> /dev/null and instruct
> your mail filter to drop spam there instead.

With respect, my preferred approach differs slightly.

I instruct my MTA to reject (or, in certain special cases, silently
discard) the spam during the SMTP conversation.

Granted, there are several reasons that approach isn't for everyone --
or even very many folks; because of that, it may fail your "reasonable
thing" criterion.  :-}  But I find it useful despite that.

Peace,
david
--=20
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.

--VsIP+Tg8RKrNt6G6

--VsIP+Tg8RKrNt6G6--