Date:      Tue, 9 Jan 1996 11:53:30 PST
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.1.0 upgrade "ftp reselect" reboots after selecting new site

I finally got around to trying the 2.1.0 "upgrade" option, and was dumb
enough not to change the ftp mode from "abort" the first time.  Of course,
ftp.freebsd.org was busy, and the machine rebooted.  Ok, I learned my
lesson, go through all those dialogs (including booting with -c because
neither ed0 nor ed1 corresponds with the jumper-selectable ports and
irq's on the SMC Elite) and switch to "reselect".  The login failed
because ftp.freebsd.org was busy again, so I typed in the URL again
(I have to use the URL mode to get through my firewall), and when I
hit enter it gives the same dialog as the first time -- "Failed to load
the root disk, the system will now reboot."

Feh.  I guess I'll try "retry" mode next.  (And I guess I'd better set it
to retry 1000 times or so, or it'll run out and reboot on me...)

  Bill