Date:      Sat, 05 May 2001 00:30:44
From:      "Manny Obrey" <manny8383@hotmail.com>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   agin: no html this time: Dell C600 Lat  fbsd-4.2

please cc: me on the response cause I'm not on the list!

specs: Dell C600 Latitude 866/256MB 20G HD Xircom 10/100/56K

Brand new C600 out of the box and I can't get out of the box w/
installation. I run several FBSD boxen but this is my first mobile install.
When I try to boot from floppies ( kern.flp )
I get the message "strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility".

yes, I set the floppy to boot first ...

When I tried to boot from an *.iso ( after changing the cdrom to boot first
) the machine just seems to attempt to access the cdrom, and then boots into
windoze as if the cdrom wernt even there.

I think I may have burnt the iso wrong ( I;m using adaptec eazy cd creator
).
1) data cd 2) select image from file 3) I select 4.2-install.iso from the
desktop

I;ve tried to burn two disks and neither of them seem to work. I'm about to
burn another b/c now I've missed happy hour and there's no reason to leave
the office.

yes I've searched the mailing list and found nothing similiar to my prob,
any hlp apprec,
Manny

ps - if anyone has had any other specific probs w/ this model I'd appreciate
any comments/hints.