Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 1996 21:59:03 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Mosquito Net Admin Account <mosquito@mosquito.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp problems?

>I'm running wu-ftp on FreeBSD 2.1.5, and having
>some problems with ftp. People with Windows95
>who ftp large files to our system report that
>the ftp fails from there end (it just hangs).
>
>>From our end, an ftpd process just sits around
>forever. Has anyone else seen problems like
>this? Any suggestions?

   Since this isn't a known problem, we're going to need a lot more
information before we can help you. It's hard to tell, for instance, if
the problem is simply caused by a loss of connectivity somewhere in the
Internet or if it's a legitimate bug of some kind. It might be useful to
know how, for example, how many FTP users are on at the time of the hangs,
and how you have your kernel configured.

-DG

David Greenman