Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2002 20:25:19 -0800
From:      "Freddie Cash" <fcash@bigfoot.com>
To:        Nathan Mace <nmace85@yahoo.com>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: just a question

begin  Somewhere around 23:17 on February 28, 2002, Nathan wrote:
> for those of you that run ftp servers, what ftp deamon do you use and
> why?  i'm setting up a small server for some friends, no more that 4-5
> users.  i'm considering either proftpd or the ftpd deamon that is part
> of freebsd.  basically i just want to know what it is that you guys
> use, and if there's something about one in paticular that makes you
> like it better

I'm using ProFTPd on 11 servers around the local school district.  It's
got a very nice, easy-to-understand config syntax, and allows me to do
funky things with file ownership/usernames/and virtual users.  :)

I've used WU-FTPd on RedHat Linux before, and it was horrible.  I've
also used NcFTPd, which was very nice, but has a max-user-limit of 3
users in the free version.

Cheers,
Freddie			PhoenixTek Consulting
fcash@bigfoot.com	Unix / Networking Services