Date:      Sat, 22 Feb 1997 16:25:32 +0100
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        mpp@freefall.freebsd.org (Mike Pritchard)
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@freefall.freebsd.org, muir@idiom.com (David Muir Sharnoff)
Subject:   Re: kern/1020

As Mike Pritchard wrote:

>  Feedback from the originator:
>
>  David Muir Sharnoff wrote:

>  > I stopped using my BOCA long ago because of this problem.
>  >
>  > I still have the boca and with a bit of work I could have it
>  > talk to itself.
>  >
>  > Unless someone did something that would fix the problem, I expect
>  > it's still there.
>  >
>  > In discussions on the FreeBSD list, it turns out that the there
>  > is a workaround: when the boca freezes up, modify /etc/ttys to turn
>  > all the ports off, hup init, and turn them back on.

sax.sax.de is running a Boca2016 without this problem.  We currently
use 8 out of the 16 ports, and the only bug we've experienced so far
is that if the machine crashes while interrupt conditions are pending,
it fails to probe (some of) the ports.  I think that's a known BOCA
disease however, and it could always be solved by cleanly rebooting
the machine again (so that all processes were stopped before, thus no
interrupts are pending).

We are running our ports at 57600, i believe.

--
cheers, J"org