Date:      Sun, 8 Mar 1998 22:20:16 -0800
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@superior.mooseriver.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Uncle Sam, got a million bucks?

On Mon, Mar 09, 1998 at 04:31:31AM +0000, Terry Lambert wrote:
> > > If you watched any of the hearings on C-SPAN, or saw Bill on Charlie
> > > Rose that night, trying to spin the monopoly issue, you'd think that
> > > maybe Bill himself would support an effort.  ;-).
> >
> > I didn't watch the C-span event however I did hear it via real-audio,
> > using -current, linux real-audio, and voxware 3.5 8)
> > My 2cents it was a "cute" hearing -- Senate to the public:
> > You see taxpayers we held a hearing on the so called Microsoft Monopoly
> > we have done our job!
>
> This belong on chat now...
>
> My take-home was a bit different.  I especially liked the part
> where the senator said "Thank You for your testimony, Mr. Gates,
> and I'm sure that as these hearings progress over the next several
> weeks, this committe will enjoy hearing from you again".  I'm
> paraphrasing here.
>
> It seemed more like "We don't like your answers, so we're going to
> take up a lot of your time reasking the questions until we do".

That is until Billy makes a donation to their re-election champain and Scott
McNealy and Jim Barksdale suddenly find themselves being deported. Bill Gates
talking to congress is like waving hundred dollar bills in front of street
walkers. The politicians that took care of Carnegie, Rockefeller and Morgan
are dead and gone and have been replaced by spineless prostitutes. They are
not going to do anything about the monopoly that Micro$oft has become.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a |    FreeBSD 2.2.5
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | UNIX for the masses