Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2000 10:02:23 +0200
From:      Michel Talon <michel@lpthe.jussieu.fr>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: can't use the smb-device :(

On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 01:13:25PM -0400, James Housley wrote:
> Eric Masson wrote:
> >
> > On my tp390, wmlmmon doesn't work and wmlmmon -i outputs static values
> > that seems completely bogus.
Same on my laptop. For sure there is hardware monitoring on it, but maybe
non standard (Dell Inspiron 3500)

> Not a motherboards have hardware monitoring chips.  I have a brandnew
> PIII-650,

Here the desktop for sure has hardware monitoring chips, they can be seen in
the BIOS, and lmmon -i works. Simply i think the whole smbus stuff must have
been developed and tested only on some machines and does not work universally.

--
Michel Talon