Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 1996 13:31:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   BeBox mention of FreeBSD...

Saw this in the latest issue of the Be newsletter.  Apparently I'm a
registered Be developer now, but I'm going to save my money for a little
bit before springing to buy one.  Any BeBox owners on this list want to
comment?  For those of you who haven't heard of Be, http://www.be.com/

Thomas J. Merritt, president of CodeGen, on the BeBox:
  "I think it would make a terrific networking server. The only other thing
that comes close in price/performance is a generic PC loaded with FreeBSD,
								  ^^^^^^^
but that's a pain to configure. Windows NT and pay-for UNIX cost more, and
other desktop OS's don't offer memory protection or other niceties the
BeBox has."  Parag adds, "With the GeekPort, the BeBox could also be nice
as a user-friendly factory floor controller."

---Jake