Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 2023 08:45:19 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>
To:        Adriaan de Groot <adridg@freebsd.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@leidinger.net>,  c@bow.st
Subject:   Re: ARC model specified in spinroot/promela

On Sat, Sep 02, 2023 at 12:33:18PM +0200, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> For what it's worth, spin is available from ports (devel/spin), which I've
> just adopted and updated to 6.5.2, so it is quite straightforward to get this
> running on any recent FreeBSD system.
>
> I tested only with the ancient Peterson's mutual exclusion, which resolves
> instantly. Mailing-list archives don't preserve attachments, so, Cherry, if
> you could send it me directly that would be lovely. I spotted A. Mader's PLC
> Controller in the SPIN documents, that is one I am familiar with, and then
> realised that academic papers from the 2000s don't come with source code :(

Wrong mailing list do preserve attachemnts, since we migrated out of mailman, we
stopped alterring emails if a mail is distributed via the mailing list then its
integrity is preserved, if you want to get the full email later on, then you can
always fallback on the .txt archive which is actually the mail in a mbox format
meaning readable by any sane Mail User Agent.

For example for this email:
https://lists.freebsd.org/archives/freebsd-hackers/2023-September/002488.txt

Bapt