Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 1995 00:41:54 -0700
From:      Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        CVS-commiters@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: CVSROOT modules

Actually, I never saw a response from you, and after playing with Apache
some more and checking over the features, and seeing that CERN wasn't
making any effort to merge the server in with the new multi-threaded WWW
libraries, I chose to remove the port.

If you think this is a bad idea, then again, I apologise.  If you think it
should come back, please revert it and find a new maintainer, as I will no
longer be available for that port.

  From: asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
   *   Removed obsolete CERN server and line-mode browser.  CERN moved the file
>>s,
   *   made it insane to port,

  What do you mean?  You asked me why bsd.port.mk can't fetch two files
  from different directories, I replied that it is the bug in ncftp and
  is there is a work-around in the latest version of bsd.port.mk.  Or
  was there something else to make it "insane"?

   * 			     and hasn't maintained this stuff in over a year.

  Well if this is the reason, that's ok. :)

  Satoshi