Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 1996 15:32:23 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
To:        jmb@freefall.freebsd.org (Jonathan M. Bresler)
Cc:        FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD current users)
Subject:   Re: Build is complete

Jonathan M. Bresler writes:

> Greg Lehey wrote:

>>> And indeed it is, on page 220 of your very own "The Complete FreeBSD"
>>> book. :-)
>
> 	where do i get a copy of "The Complete FreeBSD" ??
> 	i assume that this is not "Installing and Runnning FreeBSD"

(Copied to -questions, since this is quite a well-hidden document).

Yes, this is another book.  Well, sort of.  The original idea was that
"Installing and Runnning FreeBSD" would be sold with the CD-ROMs from
Walnut Creek, and "The Complete FreeBSD" would be sold in bookshops.
It has 840 odd pages and includes all the text of "Installing and
Runnning FreeBSD", plus a few additional sections and lots of man
pages.

Originally it was to have included 2 CD-ROMs as well, and that's still
planned, but it's also available without CD-ROMs.  As you may have
heard, there have been some changes made at Walnut Creek, and it looks
as if they won't reprint "Installing and Runnning FreeBSD"--instead,
they will sell "The Complete FreeBSD" to everybody.  A good idea,
IMHO.  It should be available from WC now (orders@cdrom.com), and I
think it costs $29.95 without CD-ROMs, or $39.95 with (but don't hold
me to it).

> 	do you need an additional reviewer?

Thanks, not now.  I *could* have done with a review a few months back :-)

Greg