Date:      Mon, 30 Nov 1998 08:41:33 +1030
From:      Matthew Thyer <Matthew.Thyer@dsto.defence.gov.au>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   make aout-to-elf failure

make aout-to-elf fails when you have previously removed ALL a.out
ports software (as I do).

It fails because just after it has moved all a.out libraries into
the a.out subdirectories it trys to run ldconfig (-R I suppose)
and the /usr/local/lib/aout directory doesn't exist.

I assume it didn't fail for XFree86 as I hadn't removed that as it
wasn't a port on the system in question.

This is FreeBSD-CURRENT at CTM src-cur 3636.
--
 Matthew Thyer                                 Phone:  +61 8 8259 7249
 Corporate Information Systems                 Fax:    +61 8 8259 5537