Date:      Tue, 1 Feb 2000 18:54:17 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Raymond A. Wiker" <rwiker@c2i.net>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Harlequin LispWorks 4.1.0 for Linux

       [ I tried to send this message last week from my work account,
but it bounced... Is there some sort of strict filtering in place at
freebsd.org, or is it simply a load problem? ]

	Hi. I'm trying to run Harlequin LispWorks 4.1.0 personal
edition for Linux under Linux emulation. It fails, with the following
output from truss (actually, the three calls are being repeated over
and over):

syscall linux_open("/dev/zero",0,02220000)
        returns 5 (0x5)
syscall linux_mmap(0xbfbfd6d4)
        errno -22 'Invalid argument'
syscall close(5)
        returns 0 (0x0)

	"ports" cvsupped Jan 26, and linux_base-6.1 fetched
at the same time. Output from uname -a:

FreeBSD foobar.orion.no 3.4-STABLE FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE #0: Tue Jan  4 15:21:41 CET 2000     root@foobar.orion.no:/usr/src/sys/compile/FOOBAR  i386

	Any hints?

	//Raymond.