Date:      Wed, 07 Apr 1999 09:10:31 -0600
From:      Chad David <davidc@acns.ab.ca>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Organisation change for the Handbook

Sue Blake wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 07, 1999 at 10:31:24AM -0400, Bill Fumerola wrote:
> > On Tue, 6 Apr 1999, Nik Clayton wrote:
> >
> > > Yeah.  One of the benefits of this approach is that it makes it easier
> > > to slot new material in, and at the same time simpler to hand off
> > > chunks to volunteers and say "Here's a complete framework, all it needs
> > > is content".
> >
> > And the advocates of the lesser-known-but-loved-by-those-who-use-it
> > software would probably love to have something to dock their documentation
> > into.
>
> Wow! Here's my big chance to write a "book" on ed :-)
>
> But how do we induce people to fill in the old ignored bits, like the
> missing X section? Would it help to have a monthly posting to -doc
> listing what documentation is sorely lacking and what's currently being
> worked on?

Aside from the extra burden of having to pick a new topic every month I
think that is a good idea.  I have been just listening here for some time, and
I have never really gotten a feeling for what is requried, and when I asked I
was
told to listen in....  I am very busy but I often work on and document systems
(Coda, WMVare, IPv6/IPsec), and if there was a simple framework that I could
contribute them into then I would.  Also if I knew what was requried I might get

ambitious every once in a while, and just write something because it is needed.

I will continue to listen in :).

Chad David.