Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 03:12:56 -0800
From:      Y <ure@home.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[2]: AMD Duron

Hello Doug,

Tuesday, January 23, 2001, 02:49:04, you wrote:

DY> I personally have never tried an AMD chip with any version of unix, but I've
DY> found them a total dog with WinNT & Win2000 so I'm not inclined to waste
DY> time with them. From postings I've seen to this list it appears that many

        on a net i administer we have two small offices as parts of a
        MAN that we run on Durons plus one TBird MS SQL 7 server
        machine on MSI and DFI boards. 38 NT 4 workstations and one
        server: no AMD specific problems whatsoever. this home machine
        is also Duron 600(512 RAM) running FreeBSD, Linux and W2k Pro the only
        problems i noticed with Win are the same we have with Pentiums
        as well. What troubles do you experience with AMD ? I am
        asking, because we are contemplating to lay a few larger LANs
        out using it.

        TIA
--
Best regards,