Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 2002 19:12:30 +0100
From:      Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/release/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/relnotes/common new.sgml

Hi,
On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 05:12:04PM -0800, Bruce A. Mah wrote:
>   1.297     +4 -2      src/release/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/relnotes/common/new.sgml

I think there is a small typo/omission in the entry:

] This bug could have allowed an authenticated remote user to cause
] &man.sshd.8; to execute arbitrary code with superuser privileges,

This part is correct and clear: A 'bad' client can abuse the server

] or allowed a connecting SSH client to execute arbitrary
] code with the privileges of the client user.

but I think this part should be clearer.  According to the advisories
I have read, a 'bad' server can abuse the client.  My suggestion
is to replace this part with "or allowed a malicous SSH server to
execute arbitrary code on the client system with the privileges of
the client user".

/s/Udo
--
Ruhig meine Brüder im Geiste. Müßt Ihr Euch an einem Montag morgen
gegenseitig so an die Karre pissen?? Habt Ihr denn keine Anwender