Date:      Sun, 22 Jun 2003 20:33:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ted Unangst <tedu@stanford.edu>
To:        Sean Farley <sean-freebsd@farley.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Replacing GNU grep revisited

your handling of -i at least is incorrect.  after patching, i get very
wrong results.  results vary depending on length of string.

reuelos:/tmp/grep-0.16> ./grep -i fastgrep *
grep.c:fastgrep_t       *fg_pattern;

reuelos:/tmp/grep-0.16> ./grep fastgrep *
grep.c:fastgrep_t       *fg_pattern;
grep.h:} fastgrep_t;
grep.h:extern fastgrep_t        *fg_pattern;
grep.h:int               fastcomp(fastgrep_t *fg, const char *pattern);
util.c:static int       grep_search(fastgrep_t *fg, unsigned char *data,
int dataLen);
util.c:int fastcomp(fastgrep_t *fg,
util.c:static int grep_search(fastgrep_t *fg,

--
"I am making this trip to Africa because Washington is an international
city, just like Tokyo, Nigeria or Israel.  As mayor, I am an