Date:      Sat, 29 Jan 2000 19:59:07 -0500
From:      Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        kwc@world.std.com, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tracking updates to FreeBSD

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, John Polstra wrote:
[...]
: Well, cvs-all _is_ the update history.  What is it about cvs-all
: that doesn't satisfy your needs?

Personally, as far as my needs are concerned. I would like to be able, for
example, to track only cvs changes on a specific port, or file, and so on.

I like to keep up on cvs changes that could affect me, but the volume of
traffic on cvs-all is far more than I can take. It's also less ideal to
setup mail filters to show only stuff you want to see since that still
eats bandwith if you are the mail server, or if your mail client downloads
before filtering as many do.

-Matt

: John
[...]