Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 2002 02:31:35 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Still fxp/nfsd problems after today's recent cvsupdate

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Mike Tancsa wrote:

Hello Mike.

I'm sure that this problem is not a simple script problem,
because this failure occured from one moment to another
when I did a full cvsupdate/world/kernel etc.

I had yesterday a similar problem with our diskless stations and the
problem got fixed by recompiling the kernel with the sources from the 8th August.
At the moment, all terminals are inaccessible.
At this moment, the server host for these terminals recompiles a whole world with the
most recent stuff and in a few decades of minutes I will see what happens.

On the other hand, since yesterday's cvsupdate our MySQL server drops connections and since
the most recent update today no connection is possible. I then recompiled the port after
the first occurence of that problem, but now, the MySQl server drops EACH connection.

The terminals I metioned are also built by the most recent sources, I should mention that here.

Hope this problem get out of the world by itself. It would be hard to switch back to the old source
from the 8th August and do a whole world from then. On one system this procedure failed and that
developed into a scmall horror scenario, because the new-sourced kernel wasn't able t work with old-sourced
libraries and binaries and at the end there was a mixe-up of several libraries of both the old and new code and
that remained the system completely unstable and unusuable. I had to copy the appropriate trees from a working machine,
burned a CD-RW and transfered luckily the files to the crashes machine. Now this system also build a world to
come up into a defined state ...