Date:      Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:35:14 +0100 (BST)
From:      Andrew Gordon <arg-bsd@arg.me.uk>
To:        "Rehsack Jens (ext)" <jens.rehsack.ext@siemensvdo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Help needed: cannot send packets larger 230 bytes via vodafone umts

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Rehsack Jens (ext) wrote:

> > Your ppp.conf looks a bit more complex than needed, but on the other
> hand
> > doesn't seem to contain the "AT_opsys=3,2" to request UMTS (versus
> GPRS).
> > Maybe your card defaults to UMTS.
>
> My cards answers with "ERROR" to the at_opsys command.

Interesting.  I can't remember where I got that one from; reading the ETSI
spec (3GPP TS27.007), it appears that I ought to be using the AT+COPS
command (which has different syntax and seems to be slightly less
flexible).

Which card do you have?

I'll send you in private mail a copy of the ETSI spec that I downloaded
last year; you might like to check if there's a more recent version.  This
version has a title of:

   3rd Generation Partnership Project;
   Technical Specification Group Terminals;
   AT command set for User Equipment (UE)
   (Release 6)

   3GPP TS 27.007 V6.4.0 (2003-09)