Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 1997 01:24:35 -0400
From:      Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
To:        tom@sdf.com
Cc:        ksmm@cybercom.net, troyc@sandy.merix.com, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Status on LS-120 drive support? (moving to chat...)

[moved to -chat instead of cross-psoting to -hackers and -chat]

>> any other similar drive.  The media is everywhere--computer stores, office
>> supply stores, technical bookstores.  And we all know somebody that has
>> one, so they're well-tested and great for exchanging with friends.
>  Don't forget that Zip is available is a SCSI version, which makes it
>usable on non-intel systems like Mac, Sparc, and SGI.  I don't believe
>that an IDE-only solution will take off for this reason.

Macs recently started using IDE.  But I don't know how well the
(laughable) ATAPI/IDE standard handles cross-platform issues.

Happy hacking,
joelh

--
http://www.wp.com/piquan --- Joel Ray Holveck --- joelh@gnu.ai.mit.edu
All my opinions are my own, not the Free Software Foundation's.

Second law of programming:
Anything that can go wrong wi
sendmail: segmentation violation -- core dumped