Date:      Sat, 6 Dec 2014 10:53:11 -0200
From:      Luiz Otavio O Souza <lists.br@gmail.com>
To:        mexas@bris.ac.uk
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: single user mode?

On 5 December 2014 at 11:06, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> Is it possible to enter a single user mode
> on arm 10.1-release?
>
> My disk, well.. the sd card, got corrupted,
> so wanted to run fsck on it, but cannot
> enter a single user mode. I ended up putting
> the sd card into a laptop and running fsck there.
> This fixed lots of panics, but is it possible
> to enter the single user mode on arm, and
> run fsck directly there?

If you are using RPi with official or crochet images then yes, you can
force it to boot in single user mode and run fsck, but (and there
always a but) you can only do that from serial console, the vt
framebuffer starts too late to allow you to break into loader prompt.

And as others have said it is not clear if the semi-known bug affects
armv6 (we can't yet say if is safe to fsck your disk on arm).

Luiz