Date:      Tue, 3 Mar 1998 09:27:19 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
Cc:        Mikael Karpberg <karpen@ocean.campus.luth.se>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0-RELEASE?

On Tue, Mar 03, 1998 at 12:04:28AM +0100, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> You're rambling some perfectly valid points as usual :-)
>
> We're at the point where it would really be nice to be able to go tell
> the CEO "off to the bank you go, borrow some money for R&D, you may
> get them back in increased revenue later.  We'll need $1M over the
> year.  Small unmarked used notes would be best."
>
> Sponsors most welcome.

Idea: Would it be politically possible to include a 'dontation' field
in the registration, where people could key in their credit card
number, expiry date and the amount they want to donate to further
FreeBSD development?

It should in that case include some suggestions that would tempt
people to donate even if they can't donate a large amount e.g, "No
amount to small, no amount to large.  Certain you can't spare $10 in
favour of faster SMP-developments?"

If the estimated number of users is correct, and each donated $10,
there'd be a cool $5M to improve FreeBSD.

Eivind, who can't easily come up with the required $1M himself at the
moment.