Date:      Sun, 10 Jul 2011 21:23:43 -0700
From:      Matt <sendtomatt@gmail.com>
To:        Sevan / Venture37 <venture37@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RT2860/RT3090/RAL: Any brave testers?

On 07/10/11 03:55, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:
> On 8 July 2011 00:21, Matt<sendtomatt@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Did both patches apply successfully? It sounds like Makefile patch is
>> applied but patch to /usr/src/sys/dev/ral is not. Ralpatch.diff is the
>> actual driver code, ralmakepatch.diff patches the makefile to use it.
>>
>> For what it's worth, I just erased /usr/src/sys/dev/ral, csup'd to current,
>> applied the patches from the link and was able to build it. I have been
>> building it seperately as a module by going to /usr/src/sys/modules/ral and
>> typing "make&&  make install". Not sure if that's the difference.
>>
>> I'd be glad to help get this built...sorry for any frustration!
>>
>> Matt
>>
> Try this,
> add the delete keyword to your supfile&  re-fetch src
> this should remove all your local changes to files already in the src repo
> now apply your diff&  attempt to build a kernel or the individual
> module, does it work??
> your diff also contains a .rej file which does'nt need to be there
>

> Sevan

Let me test again wipe out /usr/obj and /usr/src, csup and try again.
That tends to wipe things out just as well. The module builds on other
machines with fresh source trees. Do you have any more specific info,
such as arch, release, error messages, etc?

Do you have a file at /usr/src/sys/dev/ral/rt2860.c?

Thanks
Matt