Date:      Fri, 4 May 2001 20:48:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Peterson <matt@peterson.org>
To:        bruno schwander <bschwand@dvart.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: anyone running freeBSD on a tablet computer ?

Peter Shipley, Tristan Horn and I are hacking away on the Stylistic 1000's
(Amd 486/100); ours came from a local surplus shop complete with 340MB
Type III hd (which does work).  The goal is build cheap portable wireless
detection systems.  We've managed to put a stripped down 4.3-RC on them,
compiled in the Xfpit driver <http://www.linuxslate.org/software.html>; for
XFree86 4.0.x; appears to work (just need to get a proper modeline/refresh
rate going, looks fine on the external VGA out {which is color, the LCD's
are mono}).

--
Matt Peterson         another.geek.without.a.life
matt@peterson.org       http://matt.peterson.org/