Date:      Sat, 20 May 2000 09:41:06 -0700
From:      "Sean Kelly" <kelly@ad1440.net>
To:        <andrew@ugh.net.au>, <FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-doc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: print.jadetex port doesn't compile

(Cc'd -doc since it's pertinent.)

I haven't investigated the failed JadeTeX port build fully, but I'd wager
that a new version of the tex or the teTeX port must have reduced sizes of
various tables maintained internally by tex while it runs to build JadeTeX.
These sizes have worked before for *building* of JadeTeX but needed to be
modified for the *running* of JadeTeX.

Users on FreeBSD-doc have reported that if you make the modifications
suggested in /usr/ports/print/jadetex/pkg/MESSAGE *before* building the
JadeTeX port, it will build (and run) correctly.

I'd recommend that the post-install or patch steps of the tex and teTeX
ports do this on the user's behalf, unless someone sees a reason otherwise.

--Sean