Date:      Mon, 4 Jan 1999 04:17:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Eugene M. Kim" <astralblue@usa.net>
Subject:   bin/3246: mtree -c should escape special and whitespace characters

Could anybody please review and commit the patch in the followup of
bin/3246?

It enables the URL-style escaping and unescaping of certain characters
in mtree(8) filenames so that mtree can handle filenames with special or
whitespace characters.  For example, the filename "I have spaces" will
be recorded as "I%20have%20spaces" in the mtree spec file.

There is an incompatibility issue regarding preexisting mtree spec
files, which is addressed as well in the followup.

Thanks,
Eugene

--
Eugene M. Kim <astralblue@usa.net>

"Is your music unpopular?  Make it popular; make music
which people like, or make people  who like your music."