Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 1996 18:53:03 -0400
From:      dennis@etinc.com (Dennis)
To:        phk@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AS/BGP on FreeBSD ?

>I have been asked by a Danish ISP who's about to go multihomed, if
>a FreeBSD box can run the BGP router when they get their own AS.
>
>I presume that would mean they will run gated.
>
>Anybody have any comments on this ?
>
>Any info on the subject welcome, in particular about what size of
>machine to use, and problems to look out for.
>
>Thanks in advance!

I just got off the phone with someone using our dual T1 card with ~40,000
BGP4 routes loaded with a 63 day uptime on a 64MB machine. :-)

Its nice to hear good news once in a while!

Dennis
Emerging Technologies, Inc.      http://www.etinc.com

Synchronous Communications Cards and Routers For
Discriminating Tastes. 56k to T1 and beyond. Frame
Relay, PPP, HDLC, and X.25 for BSD/OS, FreeBSD
and LINUX