Date:      Thu, 17 May 2001 10:00:25 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Where to put include files (was: cvs commit: src Makefile.inc1)

In message <200105171233.f4HCXhb62786@hak.lan.Awfulhak.org> Brian
Somers writes:
: Solaris calls it's ioctl files /usr/include/sys/<driver>_io.h so I'd
: spell digiio.h /usr/include/sys/digi_io.h.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I like putting it in
/usr/include/sys/fooio.h.  We have lots of other files there now.  The
down side to this approach is that it breaks up the driver sources
that we've been trying to concentrate into sys/dev/foo/* (or
introduces asymetry such that you can't just toss in a -I/sys and have
the same tree that gets stuck under /usr/include).

Warner