Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:26:33 +0100
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: obexapp-1.4

--=-74GksvHHm5uRI4Hfaujd

Maksim Yevmenkin p=ED=B9e v st 15. 12. 2004 v 15:32 -0800:

> >>=20
> >> how about setting you locate to utf-8, i.e.
> >>=20
> >> % LANG=3D<whatever>.UTF-8 xterm (for Russian language
> >> LANG=3Dru_RU.UTF-8)
> >>=20
> >> and then in new xterm window try to run obexapp and do ls. does cd
> >>  command work? do you see any difference in ls output?
> >=20
> > ls output is now readable, but I can't cd to directories.
>=20
> ok, thanks. just as i expected :( this whole thing is a train wreck :(=20
> OBEX_CharToUnicode and OBEX_UnicodeToChar just plain broken in openobex=20
> library :( the quick hack is to use something like iconv(3) to convert=20
> between current locate and unicode/utf-8. i do not like it very much,=20

That would be not a big paint, libiconv is present on almost every
system, and certainly on every desktop system. It's dependency on common
packages like gettext, gmake, ...

> because its another port to install, but i'm not sure there is a=20
> standard freebsd-way to do the same thing. also, it seems, libbsdxml(3)=20
> always feeds utf-8 characters to all callbacks. it worked before only=20
> because no one tried obexapp(1) on "localized" phone :(
>=20
> btw, what locale are you using?

LANG=3Dcs_CZ.ISO8859-2

--=20
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
              <pav@FreeBSD.org>

Autumn changed into Winter ... Winter changed into Spring ...  Spring
changed back into Autumn and Autumn gave Winter and Spring a miss and went
straight on into Summer

--=-74GksvHHm5uRI4Hfaujd
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_podepsan=E1?= =?iso-8859-2?Q?_=E8=E1st?=
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_zpr=E1vy?=

--=-74GksvHHm5uRI4Hfaujd--