Date:      Tue, 9 Jun 1998 14:41:59 +0100
From:      Tom Brown <Tom@mercia.com>
To:        "'Tim Pushor'" <timp@orion.ab.ca>, John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
Cc:        freeBSD-Mozilla@FreeBSD.ORG

Ok I admit I'm new to this GNU stuff so these questions are going to sound
realy trivial  but:

Why bother to realease this source into the public domain if you then have
to go out and buy the the software neccessary to build it?

It was my impression that the whole point of the free release was to
encorage tranee programmers like myself to get into the product a zero cost
and later proliferate it in the workplace under a licence (Honesty
allowing).

Confused !

Tom