Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2000 11:45:44 +0100
From:      "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steveo@eircom.net>
To:        James Housley <jim@thehousleys.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: can't use the smb-device :(

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000 13:13:25 -0400
James Housley <jim@thehousleys.net> wrote:

> Eric Masson wrote:
> >
> > On my tp390, wmlmmon doesn't work and wmlmmon -i outputs static values
> > that seems completely bogus.
> >
> Not a motherboards have hardware monitoring chips.  I have a brandnew
> PIII-650, loaded laptop and it doesn't have hardware monitoring.
> Static, strange/bogus values are an indication of this.

	Also not all are hooked up in the expected way. My SiS based machine
reports fan speeds just fine, motherboard temparature seems to be what it
says with a strange zero point (normally reports around 240), CPU temperature
turns up as the 12V level (which took some working out).

	I've never worried much about it.