Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 1997 14:30:54 +0900 (JST)
From:      Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>
To:        Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
Cc:        The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@cybercom.net>, Troy Curtiss <troyc@sandy.merix.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Status on LS-120 drive support? (moving to chat...)

On Wed, 18 Jun 1997, Tom Samplonius wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Jun 1997, The Classiest Man Alive wrote:

> > any other similar drive.  The media is everywhere--computer stores, office
> > supply stores, technical bookstores.  And we all know somebody that has
> > one, so they're well-tested and great for exchanging with friends.
>
>   Don't forget that Zip is available is a SCSI version, which makes it
> usable on non-intel systems like Mac, Sparc, and SGI.  I don't believe
> that an IDE-only solution will take off for this reason.

Zip's are cool, but I really think the LS-120 will replace the current
floppy drive standard because of their compatibility with 1.44 media.
Compaq 4000's come with them as standard equipment and many manufacturers
are starting to put in BIOSes that can handle them better.  Imation/3M are
doing a good job of seeding the channels.

Regards,

Mike