Date:      Thu, 9 Apr 2015 11:44:26 +0200
From:      Marko =?UTF-8?B?Q3VwYcSH?= <marko.cupac@mimar.rs>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   is it safe to run net/haproxy as root?

Hi,

I am setting up haproxy for the first time, and of course my first OS
choice is FreeBSD.

Most services I am familiar with use their own service accounts which
are created when port is installed (squid, ejabberd, mysql, clamav,
vscan etc.). But haproxy does not create account, and there is no
pkg-message, or any other reference which suggests I should create
separate account, and also whether it needs shell, homedir etc. On the
other hand, most web 'works for me' howtos mention running it under
separate account.

So, my question is the one from this mail's subject:
Is it safe to run haproxy under root account? If not, what is the best
practice regarding its user account's shell and homedir? Is there a
recommendation for UID/GID?

Thank you in advance,
--=20
Marko Cupa=C4=87