Date:      Thu, 6 Sep 2001 05:50:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/30374: logger(1) manpage has wrong with default value of -p option

The following reply was made to PR docs/30374; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
To: "SUGIMURA Takashi ?$B?yB<?(B ?$B5.;N?(B" <sugimura@YasudaKei.org>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 15:44:45 +0300

 On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 09:41:00PM +0900, SUGIMURA Takashi ?$B?yB<?(B ?$B5.;N?(B wrote:
 > >> If -h option is specified and -p is not, then?
 > >>
 > >You didn't mention it, do you?
 > >

 > I have been saying about -p option default value.
 >
 >      -p pri  Enter the message with the specified priority.  The priority may
 >              be specified numerically or as a ``facility.level'' pair.  For
 >              example, ``-p local3.info'' logs the message(s) as informational
 >              level in the local3 facility.  The default is ``user.notice.''

 The default value for -p in the local transport case was user.notice.
 The default value for -p in the network transport case was kern.notice.
 I've fixed logger.c so that in both cases it is user.notice.

 --
 Ruslan Ermilov		Oracle Developer/DBA,
 ru@sunbay.com		Sunbay Software AG,