Date:      Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:58:19 +0200
From:      Oliver Brandmueller <ob@e-Gitt.NET>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nss_ldap / top startup

--/e2eDi0V/xtL+Mc8

Hi.

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 07:55:37AM +0200, Rink Springer wrote:
> > Any ideas, why this is happening? Will I need 10 seconds, when there ar=
e=20
> > 60000 accounts in LDAP? :-)
>=20
> Have you set your indexes correctly? This may result in a huge speedup.
> I use (this is only for about 180 accounts, but NSS works instantly):

Yes, indices and caching are set well and I don't have any problems with=20
the speed of the LDAP server in any way (SMTP, POP, IMAP and so on all=20
work very fast and smooth).

> Also, have you tried truss(1) or ktrace(1) on the process? It might help
> you try to see if the LDAP server is just being slow, or the LDAP client =
is.

Well, I wonder why LDAP should be queried (by nss_ldap) at all (with
-u used as top option). I did not yet truss/ktrace top, but maybe I=20
should.

- Oliver

--=20
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | WWW:   http://the.addict.de/ |
|               Ich bin das Internet. Sowahr ich Gott helfe.               |
| Eine gewerbliche Nutzung aller enthaltenen Adressen ist nicht gestattet! |

--/e2eDi0V/xtL+Mc8

--/e2eDi0V/xtL+Mc8--