Date:      Sun, 11 Apr 1999 08:57:11 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Steve Howe <groggy@iname.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: board not responding

Steve Howe wrote:

> (ahc0:1:0): SCB 0x1 - timedout while recovery in progress
> (ahc0:1:0): "unknown unknown ????" type 13 fixed SCSI 0
> uk0(ahc0:1:0): Unknown
> ahc0:board is not responding
> cmd fail

I've seen the above with a number of 2940's, with different revisions and BIOS
versions, it happening in different machines at different times (yes, it is
that vague!)... Darryl Okahata  has already got back to you with
details/suggestions about the drive - go with that first, if it fixes the
problem, let me know... (I'm making a collection of details about the 2940 and
FreeBSD)...

If Darryl's suggestion doesn't work - ditto, let me know - and I'll add your
system to the list I'm trying to come up with... :(

-Karl