Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 99 12:25:18 -0500
From:      rhughes@anteon.com
To:        <freebsd-database@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Oracle Question.

I use the Perl DBI::DBD Oracle interface quite a lot for CGI scripting, however,
I have to run the CGI scripts from a second server, an HP.  What I would like to
do is set up a *very* simple Oracle environment on my FreeBSD server to support
the Oracle DBD module.  This shouldn't require much more than the OCI libraries.
 I don't need to actually *run* an Oracle database on my FreeBSD server

Has anyone else tried this?  Would it require a complete Oracle installation on
the FreeBSD machine?  I already have the Linux compatibility kernel loaded.
BTW, I'm running FreeBSD 3.0.

Any info on this would be appreciated!
Thanks and regards,

Ralph Hughes            rhughes@anteon.com