Date:      Sat, 4 Aug 2001 16:14:03 +0100
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott.mitchell@mail.com>
To:        Matthew Hagerty <mhagerty@voyager.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xircom pccard problem.

On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 07:11:25PM -0400, Matthew Hagerty wrote:

> I hope the page comes back up soon so I can get as much info as
> possible.  Unfortunately I just bought the dongles for that NIC at $18.00
> each...:(

I hope the machine comes back up soon too :-( As a temporary measure I've put
a mirror of the website up at http://web.ontetel.net.uk/~lungfish/xe_drv/. The
mailing list archives are all there, but some of the other links may not work
as they point to stuff elsewhere on the old site.  You're not missing anything
though -- those links were only relevant for versions of the driver before it
went into the main source tree, which happened about a year ago.

> Do you think it would be possible to reverse engineer the Windows driver?

Probably, but isn't that illegal where you are? :-)

> Is there anything I could do to help?  I'm pretty good with hardware and
> I'm familiar with assembly and electronics...

I guess what it needs is for someone familiar with FreeBSD drivers in general,
and the xe driver in particular, and who has the card in question, to sit down
and figure out what's going on.  How are your kernel hacking skills?  I'm
happy to give whatever help I can, but someone with the card is going to have
to do the grunt work...

	Scott