Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 2016 13:24:20 +0000
From:      Matt Smith <fbsd@xtaz.co.uk>
To:        John Marino <freebsdml@marino.st>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, miwi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PHP7 + Synth issue

On Feb 17 14:16, John Marino wrote:

>It seems like a problem with comms/atslog to me.
>You can work around it now by removing MYSQL as a default option for
>that port (either modifying the port itself or adding something in
><profile>-make.conf to change it)
>
>atslog is not maintained.  Another option is hiding the option if
>php>=7.  Probably the easiest thing to do is turn off the option by
>default though.

The problem is that it isn't just that port. I've also seen it on
databases/mysqldumper for example. It's going to affect all ports which
have USE_PHP=mysql within them of which I suspect there are quite a lot.
It might be impractical to do what you suggest with them all and I'm
wondering if miwi as the maintainer of PHP7 has any thoughts of an
official way of solving it.

--
Matt